The Australian Postcard Society Inc. began with a group of interested people meeting on Thursday 5th March 2009 to discuss the formation of a postcard club in Adelaide.
Since that date, an interim committee, followed by an elected committee, has achieved the following milestones:
- Decided on a club name and became registered as an incorporated body.
- Became affiliated with the South Australian Philatelic Council, with the benefits of:
* access to a meeting place;
* insurance cover; and
* coming under the umbrella of the Australian Philatelic Federation via the Council.
- Held its Inaugural Meeting at which more than forty people attended; 32 financial members registered by the end of that night.A Souvenir Postcard was available on the night, with a special set of Counter Printed Stamps and cancelled with a special Club Postmarker, believed to be the first of its type issued.
- Held its Inaugural Annual General Meeting and election of a committee.
- Had a website set up courtesy of two members.
That original website contained general information, a members’ area and links to other Australian clubs.
- The issue of four quarterly club magazines.
- Organised its first postal bid auction.
- Experienced a steady increase in membership to a total of 73 members, including junior members.
Club meetings are held monthly.
Each meeting features items from a nominated topic of interest, a display from one of the members and an auction.
Members may bring postcards for sale.
Tea and coffee are available at each meeting.
Facebook Group Page:
For any questions or matters of interest, please contact:
|PO Box 281
Edwardstown, SA 5039
|Phone: 0421 367 665|