The Australian Postcard Society Inc. began with a group of interested people meeting on Thursday 5th March 2009 to discuss the formation of a postcard club in Adelaide.
Since that date, an interim committee, followed by an elected committee, has achieved the following milestones:
- Decided on a club name and became registered as an incorporated body.
- Became affiliated with the South Australian Philatelic Council, with the benefits of:
* access to a meeting place;
* insurance cover; and
* coming under the umbrella of the Australian Philatelic Federation via the Council.
- Held its Inaugural Meeting at which more than forty people attended; 32 financial members registered by the end of that night.
A Souvenir Postcard was available on the night, with a special set of Counter Printed Stamps and cancelled with a special Club Postmarker, believed to be the first of its type issued.
- Held its Inaugural Annual General Meeting and election of a committee.
- Had a website set up courtesy of two members.
That original website contained general information, a members’ area and links to other Australian clubs.
- The issue of four quarterly club magazines.
- Organised its first postal bid auction.
- Experienced a steady increase in membership to a total of 73 members, including junior members.
Club meetings are held monthly.
Each meeting features items from a nominated topic of interest, a display from one of the members and an auction.
Members may bring postcards for sale.
Tea and coffee are available at each meeting.
For any questions or matters of interest, please contact:
|PO Box 281
Edwardstown, SA 5039
|Phone: 0421 367 665|